Products are automatically delivered on your schedule. No obligation, modify or cancel your subscription anytime.
- Unflavored for maximum versatility
- Supports healthy hair, skin, nails, joints & gut†
- Promotes healthy hair thickness & growth, reduces hair breakage†
- Improves the appearance of crow’s feet after 4 weeks†
- Reduces collagen degradation with noticeable results†
- Reduces joint discomfort & helps joints recover faster†
- Reduces knee stiffness at 7 days†
- 10 types of collagen from 4 sources
- 2 billion CFU* (*at time of manufacture) Bacillus coagulans
- 100% DV of clinically studied Vitamin C, optimized for absorption
Try it in pancakes, oatmeal or cookies
Serving Size: 1 scoop (approx 10 g)
Number of Servings: 24
Product Weight: 8.6oz
Introducing our premium collagen formula. With Multi Collagen Protein, you don’t have to choose between benefits for your hair, skin, nails, joints and gut – each serving brings you ten types of collagen from four real food sources to provide a broad spectrum of benefits. This collagen formula is enhanced with clinically-studied ingredients like Vitamin C and probiotics for added support for your healthy immune system, gut health and digestion. Multi Collagen Protein is more than just collagen – it’s real results you can see and feel, from ingredients you can trust.
Clinically Studied Fermented Eggshell Membrane Collagen
We’re the only leading collagen supplement brand on the market currently with a proprietary fermented eggshell membrane collagen ingredient backed by human clinical studies, proven to provide real results as early as day one.† This fast-acting ingredient provides collagen types I, III, IV, V, VII, VIII, X, XII and XXII and supports joint, gut and skin health.†
Clinically Studied SBO Probiotics
Each serving includes 2 billion CFU* (*at time of manufacture) of an SBO probiotic strain called Bacillus coagulans. SBO, or soil-based organism, probiotics are a particularly resilient and effective strain. Unlike probiotics that need to be refrigerated to survive, SBO probiotics actually thrive in harsh environments (like the gut). We’ve included it to provide added support for a healthy gut, digestive function, healthy bowel transit time and healthy gut flora.†
Clinically Studied Vitamin C
Vitamin C is known for its powerful antioxidant properties. Our Vitamin C is delivered in a gold-standard, lipid metabolite form — which means it’s easier for your body to absorb and retain, so you get more sustained benefits. Each serving of Multi Collagen Protein brings you 100% of your daily recommended value of Vitamin C.
Full List of Ingredients
Multi Collagen Complex: Hydrolyzed Bovine Hide Collagen Peptides, Fermented Eggshell Membrane Collagen, Chicken Bone Broth Protein Concentrate, Bacillus coagulans (2 Billion CFU), Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen Peptides.
Note: Our formulation has been updated as of 1/29/2021
1 Heaping Scoop (10.2 g)
Servings Per Container:
|Amount Per Serving:||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (from Lipid Metabolite Ascorbate)||90mg||100%|
|Multi Collagen Complex||10g||+|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Daily Value not established.
Powered by Fermentation
Fermentation is an ancient practice, traditionally used to preserve and enhance food and beverages. The fermentation process uses beneficial bacteria, yeasts and other microorganisms to boost the availability of nutrients, making them easier for your body to absorb. At Ancient Nutrition, we’ve implemented a groundbreaking concept of using a unique pair of microorganisms (bacteria and yeast) that results in easier-to-digest peptides that aren’t altered by heat or chemical processing. The result? A faster rate of absorption, bringing you quick and long-lasting results for some of the best collagen on the market.
Supplements are only as good as their sources. We make sure our collagen powder ingredients are from non-GMO, grass-fed and pasture-raised, cage-free and cruelty-free sources that are raised without hormones. That includes sustainably sourced chicken bone broth concentrate and eggshell membrane from chickens raised in the United States, bovine peptides from pasture-raised and grass-fed cows in South America, and wild-caught fish sustainably caught in North American waters.
We’re the only leading collagen protein brand on the market currently with a fermented collagen ingredient backed by human clinical studies. “Clinically studied” means our ingredient is a) supported by proven research b) backed by peer-reviewed studies on healthy humans and c) tested for efficacy, safety and transparency. We use clinically studied ingredients wherever possible, so when we say Multi Collagen Protein delivers real results (like revitalizing your joints, hair and skin) – we really mean it.
How to Use
This convenient unflavored powder is easy to enjoy any time of day. Our favorite way is to add a heaping scoop into a cup of morning coffee. Looking for more inspiration? Check out our Multi Collagen Protein recipes.
Eating a nutrient-dense diet that includes lots of antioxidants is helpful for maintaining higher collagen levels. Go for fresh vegetables, fruits, quality protein-rich foods and healthy fats.
Pairs Well With
If you’re looking for extra gut support, try adding SBO Probiotics - Ultimate into your daily routine. With 50 billion soil-based CFUs*(at time of manufacture) and fermented organic botanical blend, this probiotic is an excellent addition to your routine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Axe Answers
Ancient Nutrition co-founder, chiropractor, clinical nutritionist and certified doctor of natural medicine is here to answer your questions!
What is collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies, especially type I collagen. It’s found in muscles, bones, skin, blood vessels, tendons and the digestive system.
Collagen contains a whopping 18 different amino acids. Amino acids are the “building blocks of proteins,” and collagen includes a mix of both nonessential (also called conditional) and essential types.
When should I use this product?
You can use this product in the morning, afternoon, evening or right before bed. There is no specific time to take collagen, but you’ll maximize benefits by taking it consistently. Find a time that works best for you to take it regularly.
How is this different from the old Multi Collagen Protein formula?
Our 2021 Multi Collagen Protein formula contains the same key collagen components as our original Multi Collagen Protein formula.
But today’s Multi Collagen Protein also contains the added benefits of clinically studied:
- Bacillus coagulans (2 billion CFU*), a probiotic for gut health
- Vitamin C (from Lipid Metabolite Ascorbate) to help your body produce its own collagen
- Fermented eggshell membrane collagen—a powerful clinically studied ingredient
In clinical studies, this fermented eggshell membrane ingredient consistently delivered real, noticeable results for joints, hair and skin—which is why we’re so excited to have it in our Multi Collagen Protein. You can learn more about it here.
*at time of manufacture
What does this collagen formula do?
Scientific Studies Show that the Key Clinically Studied Fermented Eggshell Membrane Collagen Ingredient in Multi Collagen Protein:
- Promotes healthy hair thickness and growth, with a reduction in hair breakage†
- Improves the appearance of crow's feet after 4 weeks and skin tone after 8 weeks†
- Reduces knee stiffness at 7 days†
- Reduces knee stiffness, discomfort and improved function at 30 days†
- Reduces discomfort rapidly (7 days), continuously (30 days) and persistently (90 days)†
- Reduces exercise-induced joint stiffness in as little as 5 days†
- Possibly reduces collagen degradation with noticeable results in as little as 3 days†
- Provides rapid relief for exercise-induced joint discomfort (as early as Day 1) and stiffness (Day 5)†
- Supports healthy cartilage turnover†
- Helps joints recover faster from exercise-related joint stiffness and discomfort†
- Possibly helps reduce joint cartilage breakdown resulting from normal wear and tear†
- Helps protect joint cartilage from breakdown due to exercise†
- Helps reduce joint stiffness resulting from exercise†
- Helps support joint health and comfort†
- Reduces joint discomfort and stiffness†
- Reduces discomfort, both rapidly (7 days) and continuously (30 days)†
- Increases flexibility†
- Reduces range-of-motion-associated discomfort†
- Reduces knee discomfort and stiffness†
- Reduces discomfort, both rapidly (7 days) and continuously (60 days)†
- Improves immediate exercise-induced stiffness in as little as 7 days†
- Improves recovery from exercise-included stiffness in as little as 4 days†
- Improves recovery from exercise-induced discomfort in as little as 8 days†
- Helps maintain healthy cartilage†
- Reduces the biomarker CTX-II, related to healthy cartilage†
- Lowers exercise-induced stiffness by 18%†
- Improves exercise recovery by 56%†
- Reduces exercise induced stiffness and discomfort†
How is this different from Bone Broth Protein?
Bone Broth Protein features collagen from ONE source, either chicken or beef bone broth.
Multi Collagen Protein includes 10 types of collagen from 4 sources.
The original Bone Broth Protein powder contains more protein per serving (20g vs 9g) and typically contains more chicken bone broth collagen concentrate, which means you will typically and inherently get more collagen type II, hyaluronic acid, glucosamine and chondroitin with Bone Broth Protein.
But Multi Collagen Protein also contains the added benefits of clinically studied:
- Bacillus coagulans (2 billion CFU*)
- Vitamin C (from Lipid Metabolite Ascorbate)
- Fermented eggshell membrane collagen
*at time of manufacture
What are collagen peptides?
Collagen peptides contain the same exact set of amino acids and nutrients as collagen, but have undergone a process called hydrolysis to break them down into shorter chains of proteins.
Generally speaking, collagen peptides can be dissolved in both hot or cold water and, because of the hydrolysis process, are broken down and digested more easily in your stomach. They also typically have a high bioavailability and can be absorbed into the bloodstream more readily than regular collagen protein, giving you more bang for your buck in terms of nutrition.
These supplements go by a number of different names, including hydrolyzed collagen powder, collagen hydrolysate and collagen peptides.
Why should I be supplementing with collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. Up to 30% of all the protein in your body is collagen protein. Up to 70% of skin, hair, nails and nearly 100% of connective tissues are made from collagen. It literally holds you together, from the hairs on your head, to every inch of your skin, to your joint comfort and mobility. It even supports the integrity of your gut lining; collagen promotes normal tissue growth and cellular health, all of which can impact the overall health of your gut.
Collagen production naturally declines as we age… and it’s not being consumed in the standard modern diet. Supplementing can help support your body’s natural production, so you can reap all the rewards of collagen.
Are there other factors that contribute to collagen loss?
The natural aging process is not the only thing that can slow down production and diminish collagen in your body. If you’re worried about the breakdown of your own collagen, here are 8 lifestyle factors that are considered “collagen diminishers.”
- Poor sleep
- Excess sugar consumption
- Sun overexposure
- Diet low in antioxidants
- Sitting all day and lack of activity
- Nutrient shortfalls of vitamin C and zinc
- Free radicals
You can fight back against collagen loss through a few combined approaches:
- Limit your exposure to damaging UV rays and other environmental toxins
- Consume collagen-boosting foods
- Support and promote the skin’s health by supplementing with collagen
How can I tell if it works?
Some common ways to tell if the collagen is working is by noticing healthy skin, healthy nails, and joint comfort support.
How long before I can start looking for benefits?
Clinical studies have demonstrated noticeable results in as little as 24 hours.† However, everyone is different, and will have a different experience when using the product. What matters most is consistency. With consistent use, you can see even more results over the first several days and weeks. Here are some of the changes you may notice:
- Reduced exercise-induced joint discomfort as early as Day 1†
- Reduced collagen degradation with noticeable results in as little as 3 days†
- Reduced knee stiffness, discomfort and improved function at 30 days†
- Improved appearance of crow’s feet after 4 weeks and skin tone after 8 weeks†
Is Multi Collagen Protein vegan/vegetarian?
Collagen is found only in animals, mostly in the flesh and connective tissue. There are no vegan collagen supplements (although there are vegan foods and products that can support your body’s production of collagen). As a result, Collagen Peptides come from animal sources, so it is not vegan or vegetarian.
What are the benefits of taking collagen?
Collagen health benefits include support for your hair, skin, nails, gut and joints. Taking a hydrolyzed collagen peptides protein powder helps make the collagen easier for the body to use and absorb, so you can better experience the benefits of collagen.
Can I see your Certificate of Analysis?
Yes—you can find that here.